Veterans Liaison & Constituent Services Representative
The Office of Rep. Pete Aguilar (CA-31) is seeking candidates for the Veterans Liaison & Constituent Services Representative position in our San Bernardino, CA District Office. The individual serving in this position is responsible for managing VA casework, spearheading programs and projects to support the large veteran population in the district and serving as a field representative to several cities in the district.
The successful candidate will be extremely organized, possess excellent writing and oral communication skills, be a self-starter, dependable and someone who is able to work collaboratively as part of a close-knit team. The position requires some non-traditional work hours. The primary responsibilities for this position are:
- Managing VA casework by meeting with constituent veterans and their families, serving as a liaison to the VA, and regularly following up with the constituent and the VA about the status of the case;
- Overseeing Rep. Aguilar’s Veterans Advisory Board and the Service Academy nomination process;
- Spearheading the annual Veterans Resource Fair;
- Representing and staffing the Rep. Aguilar in meetings with local veteran and military organizations;
- Working with staff in the Washington office on policy issues stemming from VA casework;
- Managing the office’s oversight of local and regional VA issues;
- Developing and executing new outreach ideas for the local veteran community; and
- Serving as the Office’s primary point of contact for the Loma Linda VA and the Cities of Redlands, Loma Linda and Grand Terrace.
The ideal candidate will have ties to the Inland Empire, military experience, prior experience working on veteran and/or military issues, and previous Congressional experience. The salary range for the position is $42,000 to $47,000 per year plus eligible federal student loan repayment benefits. Our office also offers compensation time in addition to paid vacation and sick leave.
Our office is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, military status, age, marital status, or parental status. People of color, veterans and people from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application using this form and email a copy of your resume and cover letter using the directions included in the form. If you have any questions, please call our office at (909) 890-4445.